Lock Haven University Foundation
Durrwachter Alumni Conference Center
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Telephone: (570) 484-2298
Facsimile: (570) 484-2774
2012 LHU Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship Application Information & Descriptions
Please read the program procedures carefully:
The Lock Haven University Foundation Scholarship Program is held during the spring semester providing recognition and financial assistance to students who are selected using a range of criteria. There are two ways in which the selection process takes place.
- Recipients are chosen by a departmental committee which establishes its own process, policies, procedures and deadlines or
- A Lock Haven University Foundation scholarship committee selects the recipients.
The scholarships are listed according to department or activity within each college and the Foundation.
STUDENT APPLICANTS, please watch for department announcements and contact the chairperson of the department for selection process information and department deadlines.
If applying for departmental scholarships you must submit your completed application directly to the Department Contact Person listed.
If the scholarship falls within the category of “General Scholarships,” you must complete the entire application form and return it to the Student Financial Services Office by the deadline.
- Note deadlines.
- It is important to have completed applications returned by deadlines so they can be processed in time for recipients to be included in the award ceremonies.
- Students who are interested in those scholarships awarded by departments are instructed to contact the department chairperson for application procedure and department deadlines. Applications are to be completed and submitted to the appropriate department. Unless noted otherwise, deadline for scholarship application submission is Friday, February 17, 2012.
- Students applying for General Foundation Scholarships must return completed applications to the Student Financial Services Office in Russell Hall by Friday, February 17, 2012.
- Foundation awards and scholarships are presented at the Spring Convocation on Sunday, April 15, 2012.
- Recipients must attend the Convocation ceremony and write a letter of thanks to the donor in order to receive awards. This requirement may be waived only if acceptable excuses are received by the Foundation Office no later than Friday, April 13, 2012.
- Amounts of Awards are an approximation of what is likely to be available.
- Some awards may be divided among multiple recipients.
- Monetary awards will be applied to the succeeding semesters’ accounts in the Student Financial Services Office. Awards of $500 or more will be split between the next two semesters.
- Please note that if financial need is a stated requirement to be eligible to receive the scholarship, the LHU Foundation requires proof of need from the LHU Student Financial Services Office.
Frequently Asked Questions List of Scholarships