CRIMSON & WHITE FAQ
WHAT IS THE CRIMSON & WHITE CLUB?
The Crimson & White Athletics Club is organized for the purposes of providing financial and community support for the whole Lock Haven Athletic Department within the guidelines established by the NCAA and the University.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
All dollars raised by the Crimson & White Athletics Club will be used for Lock Haven Athletics. The following are ways in which your financial support could be used:
- Enhancing operating budgets for all sports
- Special projects like locker room enhancements, spring trips, or obtaining the latest equipment for our student-athletes and coaches
WHY SHOULD A PERSON OR BUSINESS JOIN?
No two people have the same reason for joining the Crimson & White Athletics Club and supporting Lock Haven Athletics. However, some of the reasons most expressed are:
- To belong to the Crimson & White Athletics Club is an investment in the youth of America and supports one of Lock Haven University’s most visible endeavors.
- A strong, winning athletic program brings pride to everyone associated with Lock Haven, builds school spirit, and focuses national attention on Lock Haven University
- It is fun to belong to the Crimson & White Athletics Club, attend games, and follow Lock Haven’s teams.
WHY DOES LOCK HAVEN ATHLETICS NEED MY SUPPORT?
Lock Haven has many wonderful stories to tell of academic and athletic success for its letter winners. The opportunity to attend college, get a college degree, and play college sports is the dream of many young people. Providing these opportunities for young people is expensive. Private support is crucial if Lock Haven is to develop and grow a successful athletic program and provide opportunities for young people to reach their dreams.
Winning is exciting and important to students, the community, and our alumni and helps promote the school on a national level.
DOES LOCK HAVEN ACCEPT MATCHING GIFT FUNDS?
Lock Haven University does accept gifts from matching gift companies. Simply include the form with your gift. Example – Donor A works for a matching gift company. Her $500 gift to the Crimson & White Athletics Club is matched at $500, making her a $1000 donor for the Crimson & White Athletics Club.